The Mariënheuvel estate in De Beemster

Information panel "Mariënheuvel"

Contact

Adres:
Zuidoostbeemster
Plan je route
Mariënheuvel is one of the last remaining country estates in the Beemster. The country estate has existed since the reclamation of the Beemster in 1612 as inner lot 96 and was owned by Dick van Os, one of the founders of the Dutch East India Company.

The country house was built in 1820 by the well-known Pumerender and timber merchant Klaas Brantjes for his beloved Maria ('Maartje') Stuyt. The country estate was originally called "Volgerlust", but it was renamed after his wife by Klaas Brantjes. Mariënheuvel is privately owned and the estate has been symmetrically renovated and expanded since 2005.

Locatie