Speeltoren

There are records of a Church, formerly called the Church of Our Dear Lady, on this site since 1350 and the tower itself dates from the 15th and 16th centuries.

The nave was demolished in 1882, but the slender late-gothic Carillon tower still gives Edam a delightful silhouette. The famous bells, protruding from the open lantern, were made in 1566 by Pieter van den Ghein. They play a short melody every quarter of an hour and these automatically played sets of tunes are frequently varied.

Sharing

Contact

Speeltoren
Lingerzijde 1
1135 AM EDAM