Post and telegraph office, later secretariat

In 1916 Middenbeemster got a modern post office, designed by architect J. Molenaar Jr. As early as 1923 it was given a different function and became the municipal secretariat.

On the large letter box, the words ‘letter box’ were replaced by ‘municipal secretariat’ which is still the case. In May 1993 the municipal secretariat was closed and the staff moved to the new town hall on the Rijn Middelburgstraat 1. Now it serves as a residence and office. 

Sharing

Contact

Post and telegraph office, later secretariat
Leeghwaterstraat 9
1462 JD MIDDENBEEMSTER