Flour mill the Nachtegaal

After De Beemster was reclaimed in 1612, the intention was to build five flour mills on the reclaimed land. In the end that became just one.

This octagonal land sailer, also known as an octagonal bonnet mill, was probably built in 1669. The windmill has been moved a few times. In October 2013, after the windmill was moved again a couple of years earlier, the restoration was completed.  

Sharing

Contact

Korenmolen de Nachtegaal
Hobrederweg 4
1462 LJ MIDDENBEEMSTER