Convent O.L. Vrouwe van Lourdes

This convent was built in 1910 next to the existing church and vicarage that were built in 1879. One of the tasks of the nuns was teaching at the school, that was initially also located in the convent building. On the L-shaped floor plan convent with school, the short end of the L was the convent and the long end the school. The building consists two storeys under a composite roof of red tuiles du Nord.

Above the convent – with the former chapel on the first floor – there is a small tower and wooden belfry. The tower has an octagonal slate spire with shingled roof. The wall with chiselled plinth is plastered. The cordon frame found mainly at the front end at first floor level is also plastered. Support arches and beams are in red facing brick. The front gable is still in original condition, as are some of the rooms, for example the dry loft.

Sharing

Contact

Convent O.L. Vrouwe van Lourdes
Jisperweg 54
1464 NG WESTBEEMSTER